Thursday, September 24, 2009

Something New

So, I have been reading several blogs lately and thought that I would actually give it a shot. I am completely new at this and writing is definitely not my forte' but I thought, what the heck. My life is typically filled with mayhem and random acts...not always of kindness; hopefully what I write will bring some humor into what may be some of the most boring work days, or just boring days!


Today: NEW BOOTS:

My husband and I went shopping last weekend for what turned out to be a fairly uneventful trip, except for a new pair of boots that I bought. I had been searching for a new pair for quite some time but couldn't seem to find any that I just fell in love with, or at least enough to spend an unreasonable amount of money on. Anyway, after trying on a plethora of boots at several stores, I finally found some that I loved- and they were not overly expensive. I was very fond of my new boots. The heel was not too high, the boot came to the perfect spot with just enough space between the shin and the knee, and they were the perfect shade of brown that I had been dreaming of. They would look great over and under jeans, with dresses and even skirts; I was like a kid in a candy store.

So fast forward to today. I haven't worn my new boots yet but feel like today is the day. I feel cute. I have the very fashionable plaid knee length skirt on with a cute sleeveless red sweater and of course my fabulous new boots (picture to come).

The first thing I do when I get to work is go get some coffee. I walk in and a woman looks at me and goes "Love the PIRATE BOOTS," and then she walks out. PIRATE BOOTS!? What the hell was she looking at, these aren't PIRATE BOOTS! I mean, would my husband have let me make this purchase if I looked like a PIRATE??? Actually, maybe, since he saw how happy the boots made me.

Oh well, I guess just call me Captain Sparrow today kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment